Inspired by a corn Fritters post by adaptations that was lucky enough to make it's way to FoodGawker the other day I instantly got a craving for fritters.. Banana fritters though, not the corn variety (that will come later on this week, lol) I set my sights about Recipezaar to find a recipe that was going to yield the crunchy on the outside, smooth on the inside results I was looking for, and man on man did I find the most perfect recipe!
Banana Fritters (Care of Evie @RecipeZaar)
- 8 bananas
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- oil (for deep frying)
- Peel bananas and cut in half.
- Sift flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt into bowl.
- Mix to smooth batter with the milk.
- Beat egg white until soft peaks form, fold lightly into batter.
- Drop banana pieces into batter, then deep fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
- Toss in sugar.
I only had Chocolate (Moose tracks to be exact, lol) ice cream in the freezer.. OMG it was so good with the Fritters... YUMMY!!