I came across this recipe when I was looking through my recipe binder this afternoon, Craving something sweet and apple-y. I've had 3 McIntosh apples sitting on my kitchen counter for days and I've been waiting for the right recipe to come to me.. this is the one.
This is a really easy, absolutely delicious one bowl cake that results in a super moist cake that will have everyone asking for more. Try it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream.
Easy Apple Cake
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
SERVES 12 -16
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup macintosh apples or other sweet apple, peeled, and chopped (you want to use a nice sweet apple)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Soften margarine.
- Mix all ingredients together in a lg. bowl.
- Bake in a buttered 8x8" baking dish, for 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool, cut, and then store in a plastic container.
I'm sitting here with a piece as I'm writing this (who cares that dinner isn't ready yet, lol)
In yet another "Holy Crap" moment today.. I tried out the old, Old camera and OMG, it's working! Probably not for long and the pics aren't that good,.. but check out the Apple cake!