Today I was craving chocolate.. I was hoping to make a panna cotta, but the ramekins I have are quite small for the recipe I want to use.. I think I might just go and get some plastic cups and use those as 'molds'.. that's for another day though.. Tonight it was my much loved Whatever floats your boat brownies with some extra chocolate chips mixed in.. and a cheesecake twist.
The basic whatever floats your boat recipe is as follows:
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT
- 1-2 cup chocolate chips (semisweet, white, butterscotch, peanut butter) or raisins or chopped maraschino cherry or chopped nuts or M&M' or Reese's pieces or miniature marshmallow
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan or line with foil.
- In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
- Fold in "WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT"!
- Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
The cheesecake twist is this:
Cheesecake topping for Brownies
- Combine three ingredients using a hand-mixer until soft and creamy.
- Gently spoon over brownie or cake batter.
- Swirl topping with a knife, cutting through the batter underneath.
They're in the oven as I write this and the smell is just almost too much to bear.. I can't wait to bite into one! (and nah nah to my fussy low fat, no fat sugar free eating co workers who don't get any)