Mozzarella en Carrozza
Write a Review! (optional)
- 1 fresh mozzarella cheese, ball
- 4 slices white bread, crusts trimmed
- 2 large eggs, beaten,more as needed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- plain breadcrumbs, as needed
- olive oil, for frying
Cut the mozzarella into enough 1/4-inch thick slices to cover 2 slices of the bread.
Reserve the remaining mozzarella for another use.
Top the cheese with the remaining 2 slices of bread, to make 2 sandwiches, and press down to compact.
In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, garlic, and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Put the bread crumbs on a plate.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, pour the in oil to a depth of 1/4-inch.
When the oil is hot, dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, dredge in the bread crumbs, and fry, turning once, until crisp and the cheese has melted.
Cut each sandwich in 1/2 and serve, while still hot, with the marinara sauce on the side for dipping.