The box arrived at my door on Thursday (I ordered Monday afternoon) and I was so excited, I couldn't wait to open it up and try the goods! Even before it had all arrived I had Mac & Cheese on the brain, so last night I sprung into action with my old stand-by Mac & cheese recipe... the only difference was the blend of cheeses I used.. and it did not disappoint!
Yummmmm!! (the cell phone camera picture does not do it justice.. real camera coming soon)
Creamy Baked Mac & Cheese
2 cups uncooked Spiral pasta
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. dry mustard
2 cups milk
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mix of cheddar, cheddar & Havarti blend and Jalapeno & Cheddar Blend)
1/2 c. bread crumbs (seasoned or plain)
- Heat oven to 350°f
- Cook pasta as directed on package
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in saucepan over low heat.
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper and mustard and add to the melted butter.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and whisk in milk
- return to the stove and heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute
- Remove from heat and add cheese, stirring until melted
- Drain pasta and gently stir pasta into cheese sauce.
- Pour into ungreased 2 Quart casserole.
- Top with breadcrumbs and bake 20-25 minutes.