In passing the other day I had mentioned to one of the attorneys that I work for that I had a blog When she inquired about what I told her cooking, recipes and things like that. She confessed that she is Culinarily Challenged and her son has been begging her to make Banana bread and asked if I had a recipe (an easy one, remember we’re working with the culinarily challenged here, lol) so I dug into the books that I have and found one of the most basic (yet totally yummy) Banana bread recipes that I have ever used. As with any quick bread recipe this can be made in either a loaf pan or muffin tins of whatever size floats your boat, you just have to remember to adjust the baking time accordingly.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed very overripe bananas
1. Preheat oven to 350°f
2. Lightly grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
3. In large bowl, combine flour, soda and salt.
4. In separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
5. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended.
6. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
7. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
8. Bake in preheated oven for 60-65 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
9. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.